Monday, November 01, 2010

We Got To Go Home!

June 9, 2010

After just a few short days in the hospital and a huge thanks to modern medicine (internal dissoluble staples) Ewan and I were released! My mom had been so wonderful and helpful in the hospital and the nurse staff and lactation nurses and my wonderful South African OBGYN were all very amazing, but we were all looking forward to sleeping in our own beds and getting to see daddy! Before I left the hospital I was doing laps around the floor and taking care of Ewan on my own. I was doing tons better than when I had Emma and was so thrilled with my speedy recovery.

Donald was feeling good enough to come and pick me and Ewan up and my Dad took my mom and Emma home to get things ready for our arrival. I even walked out of the hospital on my own with out a wheelchair.

When we got home the first thing we did was hand the baby over to Emma. There was so much love and joy in her little body I don't know how she contained herself long enough to hold still and just enjoy her new baby brother.

No comments: