Monday, November 08, 2010

Ewan's Photo Shoot

August 23, 2010

Finally feeling up to doing Ewan's birth announcements, so first up the photo shoot. I took a bright morning when I would get a lot of good natural light in through the windows. I propped Ewan up on my bed with a clean outfit on and started firing away with the camera. Emma was a great assistant with burp cloth in hand for wiping up any drool and keeping Ewan in a cheerful mood. I took over 100 pictures and I needed Ewan to be a happy baby while I clicked away. Then I was off to do a bit of digital dark room editing and found I had so many great photos in the end it made it near to impossible to pick the wining picture.
These are just a few of the images that I sorted through to find the winning one.
I really wasn't quite sure what kind of mood or personality I wanted to be on the announcement.
Over all Ewan is a very happy baby and was smiling very early so I really wanted to have something that showed his happier nature as apposed to a serious or very boy pose.
Still, I tried a few artistic shots but up the nose just didn't' really work for me, even though it showed off his wonderful eyelashes.
Of course that just made both of us giggle like mad.
But there were so many that were just precious it made it so hard in the end to pick the right one.
Emma of course had to get in a few "big sister" shots.
and I know that there may be some here that others would have rather seen on the birth announcement, but I made my choice on what I thought represented my little man the best.


and the winner is ......




This one!!

Now on with the task of designing, printing, creating and mailing out 100 announcements.

No comments: