Thursday, November 04, 2010

Del Mar Fair

June 20, 2010

If packing boxes to move, having a new baby in the house and a c-section weren't enough to keep me busy it was father's day and we were off to the Del Mar Fair less than 2 weeks after Ewan was born. It has been an annual tradition to go to the fair on father's day and I didn't want to disappoint Donald or Emma. So off to the fair we went.

First stop was the farm animals, before heading to the exhibit halls and food.

Emma found a lovely umbrella to match Ewan's stroller and Grandma was all too happy to get it for her.
Then came the food. Donald really wanted to try the chocolate covered bacon....brave man.
We should have gone home then and there, but stayed for a bite to eat. It was hot and I was exhausted. But had some fried foods which made me sick for the next 24 hours. I went to my OBGYN and he said it was silly of me to brave the fair so soon after surgery and that the food just did me in. No more fried food for me for a while and no more overdoing it until Ewan is at least 2 to 3 months old.

No comments: