Monday, November 01, 2010

Donald Gets Really Sick

June 7, 2010

We were blessed with visitors, Auntie Andra and Uncle Kevin, and my good friend Lisa came that night while Donald was at home tucking Emma into bed. My dad was there with me and Lisa and I thought it was so cute to watch my dad take care of Ewan and change his diaper even if he did put it on backwards.

We had a great first night in the hospital, well I did and so did Ewan. But Donald was a whole other story. He wasn't feeling great that evening but by morning early early morning he was throwing up in the bathroom. He finally admitted defeat and told me that he had to go to the doctors, that something was not right. So Donald and my mom switched places by 7 AM. My mom came and stayed with me the remainder of my days in the hospital. Holly and Dave came to bring a bit of cheer and meet our new little man that second day, but after that I just wasn't up for any more visitors, I just wanted to get better so I could go home to be with Donald. Donald ended up with a virus that attacks the nervous system called vestibular neuronitis. He was knocked out solid for about 4 days on medication . He hated not being able to be at the hospital for Ewan and me and complained on the phone several times about how sorry he was that he couldn't be there for us. I just kept thanking God that Ewan came one day early otherwise Donald would have been too sick to see his baby born.

No comments: