Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Morning in the Park


Right at the end of winter Emma and I spent a lovely morning in Balboa Park and the Zoo. It was early enough that it was like having the park to ourselves. We sat and had coffee at the big water fountain by the space museum and then took a stroll back to the car before heading to the zoo.

On the way to the car a man was playing "Here Comes the Sun" on his guitar, Emma of course had to stop and dance and clap until he was finished.


When we got to the Zoo I thought it would be a great idea to take the Skyfari over to the polar bears. The last time I rode it was when my sister and I were at the Zoo for Celebration for the Critters (a really fantastic fundraiser for CRES) with a bit to much to drink. It was night time and we laughed the whole way. So I though it may have been a few years but I can do it...Really bad idea, I'm teriffied of heights and this sky ride is very shaky at best! Apparently the drinks I had the last time were more help than I realized, so I decided we would walk back.

I couldn't even look up to try to get a good shot of Emma, this was the best one. She was loving every minute other than the death grip I had on her :)

We finally made it to the polar bears and when my shaking stopped I was able to get in a few last pictures before the long trek back to the car.

1 comment:

David and Jessi said...

The picture of Emma by the fountain should be in a magazine. Perfect pose, perfect outfit, perfect girl!