Thursday, April 09, 2009

Cold Evening at the WAP

Donald, Emma and I have been taking advantage of the long evening hours at the Wild Animal Park. We took the new tour ride they have for the first time and we were incredibly disappointed. Emma still enjoyed herself, but you wont find us waiting in a long line to ride this ever! If there isn't a line I would take Emma again, but it's not worth the wait like the old monorail. Not every update is an improvement.

Emma did enjoy the ride and getting to see all the animals that as we veteran park people know, only get more active in the evenings .
We were glad we brought our coats! It got brisk. I forgot to turn on my flash until the end. But Emma still looks cute!!


I have to say that the only thing I miss other than the incredible friendships I made working for the Zoo and Wild Animal Park is the unique experiences I got with exotic animals. During my time there I got to feed a cheetah, play with a baby ankole cow, pet a hedgehog, talk to Marc Eco at a press conference, spend a weekend with Betsy Fowler, and so much more. But one of my favorite moments was when Mike and I were on our way down to Heart of Africa one night after the park had closed in one of the employee carts. It was a very hot day and the sun was just starting to set and the sprinklers came on right where a crash of rhinos were laying and they all got up and started jumping through the sprinklers like a group of preschoolers. Mike and I stopped and just watched, it was times like that I knew there was no place like this on earth.

No comments: