Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Emma and Daddy running up to the house after we got home from church (we went to the 7:30 Mass hoping to avoid a crowd but that didn't happen) and Starbucks. We told Emma that there might be some Easter surprises at home and that got her going after an early start to the day.


We were right!! Like magic the Easter Bunny found some special gifts hidden away in Grandma and Grandpa's house and put them all together for Emma to find when she got home from church. There was a picnic table, a wheel barrow, books, WOW toys, lots of clothes and stuff for the sand box.


Emma was over the moon with her new McDuff, Wini the Pooh, and Where's My Cow books.

Daddy reading "Where's My Cow" by Terry Pratchett and Emma loving every minute!!


Holding up her new Daily Tea dress that mommy picked out.

Daddy getting some morning cuddles and reading the new McDuff book while we waited for Aunt Andra and Uncle Kevin to stop by.


Aunt Andra just loves her little Emma. Andra and Kevin got their snuggle time in and then we were all off to the Wild Animal Park.


Waiting our turn to go up in the Hot Air Balloon. We all decided to go up, even me who just happens to be terrified of heights agreed to go. I did quite well and didn't do to bad taking pictures either.

Everyone getting in a great view of the park. It took me a while to look out or down, it was much easier to focus on them.



Donald got proof that I went up, but it was hard for him to get a picture of me that didn't look like I was absolutely terrified. I still have a forced smile, but I did it!!

Donald took loads of picture out into the park as well as straight down these are just a few.


We went and had lunch in the Heart of Africa and then went down to the research station to feed the ducks....but we ended up feeding the catfish instead. I had no idea that there were catfish at the Wild Animal Park. And they are quite fierce when it comes to duck food. We watched them bite the ducks to keep the food to themselves. I offered some food to Kevin to take with him the next time he goes fishing. thought it might help lour the fish his way.


Emma looking out at the colobus monkeys and singing a happy tune the whole time. You can see the balloon we rode just above her head.


Emma watching Daddy show off his muscles.


Aunt Andra, Emma and I all having a laugh.



Finishing up the afternoon with a ride on an Okapi with help from Aunt Andra and Daddy.

We took Emma home for a much needed nap and then went to dinner at Islands and then over to Dairy Queen for parfaits. We had a wonderful Happy Easter!

1 comment:

David and Jessi said...

Looks like a fabulous day! I love the picture of Emma running to her gifts:)