Monday, June 15, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

First Up
The Wild Animal Park

Donald and I decided after a week of eating out in Vegas that we could use a good walk up to Condor Ridge. Dinosaurs Mountain is back at the park but after years of working for the Zoo and thinking how extremely lame it was, we just didn't see a point of dragging Emma through. She didn't mind passing it up at all so it was up to the condors! Emma sat for some time talking to a condor that was sitting close to the fence. When you think of how extremely endangered these animal have been it was quite a rare opportunity and one that hasn't been available until just about 5 years ago.



We walked down the hiking trail to the water play area and let Emma have her fun. I was grateful for thinking of bringing extra clothes!
After some tears, a wardrobe change, some fruit, veggies and cheese it was off to pet the animals with daddy.

Trader Joe's

We had to do a bit of errand running, but gratefully Emma is a pro at it since she goes with mommy all the time. We went to our favorite store, Trader Joe's. They love Emma there so much, we always leave with loads of stickers and sometimes a balloon too!


I just love seeing Emma and Donald holding hands and talking. It is so special to me!


Emma loved her balloon and her bright orange stickers that ended up all over her, mommy and daddy! I think she could do ads for TJ's

Finally
The Children's Museum

We also made time for the Children's museum. I can't say enough how glad I am that we got the membership. Emma loves going and it is such a great place to have fun!

Donald and Emma discovered the pillow room this time and had a blast. As usual I didn't have my camera on me so not many of the photos I took with my iPhone came out. But here are a few to share.

Donald and Emma also discovered the climbing wall that weekend and had a blast trying it out

No comments: