Saturday, June 20, 2009

Del Mar Fair

While Emma's Grandma and Grandpa were visiting we did lots of fun stuff. We went shopping, the Children's Museum, ate at loads of great restaurants, had lunch with Donald downtown, and went to the Del Mar Fair. Yes, I know it's now called the San Diego County Fair, but it will always be the Del Mar Fair to me. Donald got us tickets through his work so we can go as often as we want. My mom and dad really wanted to go before they left so we all took off after church on Sunday for a fun morning out. We started our trek walking through all the halls that sell infomercial stuff you just can't seem to live without. Then it was time for a bit more fun and some junk food.

I don't know why, but Emma loves these foot massage stations. The quarter was well spent for a smile like that.


It took Emma only moments to locate the carousel. Donald found the fanciest horse and set Emma down for a ride.


We had to stop off at the Geico booth for Uncle Mike and my friend Holly. They loaded us up with bags, t-shirts, and a mask.

Emma is not shy at all and is very loving, so it should come as no big shock that she ran right up to these costume characters for hugs. I was glad as I knew that our upcoming trip to Disneyland would be really fun after seeing Emma with these two.

I was thrilled when we got to the animals, last year we went to late and missed out on seeing all of them. This year Emma got to see loads of farm animals up close and pet and feed them too!!


Donald and Emma are feeding what has to be the cutest caff ever!

We just couldn't resist the pony rides! I remember my nieces riding the ponies when they were this little and Emma was loving it just as much as they did.




And we just couldn't leave with out the cheesy souvenir photo to top off our day.

No comments: