Monday, June 22, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma Goodbye

Before Grandpa and Grandma's visit, I had asked my dad if he could make some wood step stools for Emma. I have been hunting high and low and any nice wood step stool is very expensive. So I drew up plans for a step stool with slots on the side for easy lifting and a lid for storage at the top. I asked my dad to leave them unpainted and that I would paint them. I asked for two, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.

The stools turned out wonderful! My dad did a great job and Emma loves them. My dad was doing some finishing touches with Emma's help. And then they were already to use. I just need to paint them up really nice and they will look super cute in our house.

I feel really lucky that my dad can make fabulous things in wood out of designs I draw up. This is just one more thing that Emma will have that Grandpa and I collaborated on. She has her Eiffel Tower and Butterfly wall art, her toy chest and now to step stools.

After an amazing week with Grandma and Grandpa it was time to say goodbye and wish them well on their trip home.

No comments: