Thursday, January 22, 2009

Carrillo Ranch

On mornings that Emma and I just want to take it easy and go for a walk we head over to Carrillo Ranch in Carlsbad. It's open to the public and it is a lovely easy walk. The problem is that I never really plan on going it just sort of seems like the thing to do, so I never have my camera on me. Now that I have figured out the picture taking on my iPhone I can share a bit more when I am without my trusty Canon 20D.

We of course had bitty baby with us that we now call Amy.
Emma for some reason is really fond of rocks right now. I'm sure all children go through this stage, Emma just seems to be going through it right now.
For all my fashion blog readers, yes this is an entire Puma outfit Emma is wearing. From shirt, pants, to shoes. I just love dressing her :)
One really neat thing about the ranch is that it is home to over 100 peacocks so Emma and I spend our walk counting as many as we can. Some are bold and might give chase, some will fan their feathers others just want to be left alone, and there is even an all white male peacock but I have been told a few times that he is not an albino.
I can't wait to add a peacock to one of my drawings. I think they are magical and Emma really enjoys them.

No comments: