Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tuesday Book Review

My goal is to do a Tuesday book review, lets see how good I am at keeping up with it.

First up is "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child"
It seems that no matter where I go, sleep and children ALWAYS comes up! Only a year ago I was struggling with Emma's sleep. She had outgrown her baby sleep habits and was now cat napping in the car, not taking good naps and starting to get cranking during the day. Her night time sleep was surprisingly great. She started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and I mean from 7 in the evening until 7 in the morning. It was great, but during the day I was really struggling. I was also starting to have problems trying to rock her to sleep at what I thought should be nap time and at bed time. And by this time last year naps and bedtime had become a huge stress for me. A few of my friends had told me about a book about sleep habits before Emma was born, but of course I had blown them off. Thinking I was way smarter and didn't need that kind of help. Well a year ago I put out a desperate e-mail to my friends begging for the books name. They were all to happy to help. And within just 2 days, and I mean 2 days!!! Emma was going down for her naps with no problem and bedtime with no hassle. She was putting herself to sleep in her crib while I was off doing other things. She wasn't crying when I put her down, and thanks to the book I knew exactly when the best times were to do it. No more stress and a much happier baby!! When Emma started giving up her morning nap, the book guided me through what to do and it also continues through school age children. So I am set for a long time to come. The advice works like a charm and is kind and helps you to understand why you shouldn't do things like take away a child's sleep time, think it's OK for them to sleep in the stroller or car seat, or why you shouldn't rock your baby to sleep. The book covers everything from colic babies to good night sleep, naps, and travel. Thanks to this book I have my afternoons and evenings to do my art, spend quality time with Donald, exercise, go through e-mail or get to go out with friends!! As much as some people say that this book must tie me down, I find great freedom and mommy time (time for me). I can pretty much guarantee that Emma is a much happier and healthier baby thanks to her getting lost of quality rest that her little body needs, and that leads to a very happy, healthy and no stressed mommy and daddy! If ever there was a book to go and purchase, this is the one. I am so grateful to my good friends Julie and Natasha that insisted on me getting this book and I love hearing all my friends stories on how well it has worked for all of them. It doesn't matter what age your little one is you can use this book for any sleep problems you are having at any time. This is truly a magic book to happy healthy families and a must for your personal library. So if you are off to a baby shower or have a grandchild on the way, give a gift that any tired parent will love! Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child

No comments: