Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Knight in Shining Armor


We went to the park this morning just like most morning, but I was thrilled that it was cloudy and grabbed my camera instead of Emma's swim suit. I was really hoping to spend the morning at the San Elijo park on the top playground and not at the bottom in the sprinklers. I got lucky all the way around. When we got to the park it was almost empty and no one was using the sprinklers so it didn't have the appeal it would have. Emma was happy to plant herself right down in the sand and start playing. I was happy to watch and take photos.



And since we practically had the park to our selves Emma could jump on the horse and ride like a cowgirl for awhile
But then more kids stated showing up and then came ...

the Knight in Shinning Armor

This had to be the cutest sweetest little boy to ever play at this park!! He introduced himself to Emma and I as a Knight in Shinning Armor and then proceeded to play with Emma for quite some time. Unlike most little boys we have encountered, he was kind and patient with Emma, helping her when she needed help and letting her do what ever she wanted. They both played so well together I wish I knew this boys mommy so I could plan more play dates with him. I have found that most boys are either really rough tough and very very boy (which is a good thing), or they are wimpy, whinny, crying, mamma's boys (which is a bad thing) but neither of the two usually make for good play pals for Emma (since she is all girl, but with out the wimpy, I can't do it attitude). I didn't know little boys could be so gentle and so kind and still so "boy like" Please note the sword that is sticking out of his shorts. Not once did he pull it out to hurt, tease, or frighten anyone. At one point he did get on the horse and pull it out proclaiming loudly, "I'm off to slay the dragon!" Otherwise he was off to play with Emma.