Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Visiting Santa


I know that some time ago Donald posted the video of Emma visiting Santa. I still wanted to take time out to share the photo taken. Last year I had a really hard time with the whole Santa thing as Christmas is about the birth of Christ and giving to others. But as my friend Julie gently put it, that's exactly what St Nicholas did and as long as I keep the focus on Jesus, the introducing St Nicolas isn't a bad thing. So this year feeling a bit better, and getting into the spirit of it a bit more we took Emma to sit on Santa's lap. I think she was a bit undecided about whether or not she was Okay sitting on some white bearded mans lap. Since the visit she loves to talk about the experience and loves watching the video of her visit. Best of all she understands that it's baby Jesus birthday (she has been singing happy to you Jesus all the time) and can't wait to give presents to all the family! She's a very giving little girl. Yesterday we took a presents to our good friend Mary and Emma was more excited about giving Auntie Mary her gift then taking some presents home from Auntie Mary. Then last night when we were doing the advent calendar and Daddy asked who gets the first bite of chocolate? You are mommy? Emma took the chocolate and walked it over to me and let me have the first bite. We love her sooo Much!!

No comments: