Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hello Grandpa and Grandma & A Happy Thanksgiving

It has been a fall full of relatives and friends. My mom and dad came out for the whole week of thanksgiving from Colorado and we all had a blast. Grandpa never got a moments peace and I think spent most of the the week crawling around on the floor. Grandma was full of goodies and treats and shopping!


Moments after their arrival grandpa was playing horse and rider.


A Happy Thanksgiving
Donald got the offer he had been waiting for! The day before Thanksgiving a wonderful tech company downtown offered Donald a really nice package. If you ever read our "London is Calling" blog you might remember that Donald's other favorite job offer also came the day before Thanksgiving while we were living in London. Donald is now a firm believer that the fall is the best time to apply for jobs, because he always seems to land the best jobs at that time. Unfortunately for Emma and I this meant that our all day fun with daddy would soon come to an end. We are so pleased for Donald and this wonderful new opportunity this is a much better fit than any job other than the London job, has been.

Thanksgiving DinnerEveryone was busy making dinner. Micheal joined us and got no choice in the matter when it came to preparing food. My kitchen is extremely small and when you take into account what my parents are use to back home in Colorado, it made for some tight quarters. But we're all family so a bit of bumping around is okay. I didn't do much in the way of helping out since I tried to make pumpkin pie during Emma's nap and lost half an egg shell in the mix. So I stood back happily with camera in hand.

Emma really wanted to help out and kept running up and down the kitchen saying "help you"


I just loved this brown skirt and top my mom got her at a store in Rancho Santa Fe called Childish Couture. Grandma Litzenberg introduced me to the shop and I go there when ever I get a chance and couldn't resist taking my mom. This lovely $75 outfit was marked down to $15! Did I mention they also run amazingly great sales!!!!

Dinner is almost done and Emma is ready to dig in. But I swear that she is the only child ever that doesn't eat mash potatoes or rice. She did great on the turkey and cranberries!

The day before Thanksgiving my mom cut off the baby mullet that Emma had. It looks so much better!! I don't feel like I have to have it up in a ponytail all the time to hide her once bad haircut.

Really wanting to help her Uncle Mike. Everyone that knows Mike can figure out why he is still single. He cooks, cleans, dresses great, and is amazing with kids. We keep telling him he needs to borrow Emma for the day and take her to the mall and pick up on girls. Emma is a chick magnet!!
Ready to share the whipped topping, but not so sure about mommies pumpkin pie. Never did find the egg shell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What Suzanne fails to mention is that she is a Leppink by blood. And Leppinks stir EVERYTHING as MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!! So Suzanne mixed the shell right in to oblivion. Despite all of us devouring our pumpkin pie, none of us had any complaints with shell.