Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scaring Daddy

Recently, Emma has been rather fond of the word no.  She utters it as an answer to almost every question.  So this morning, Suzanne and I were having some fun and asking her questions that we wanted to hear "no" answers to.  

For example, I asked "Emma, do you think I should have to make breakfast this morning?"
"No."

"Should we get up and clean house?"
"No."

Then I asked, "Are you going to date boys?" and got the fright of my life.  Emma sat up a little straighter and said with all seriousness, "Date boys.  Date boys.  Date boys."  This is not a good omen.  Hours later in the car, while listening to music, Emma piped up with "Date boys.  Date boys.  Date boys."  I guess I learned my lesson.  The teenage years are going to age this already old man!

No comments: