Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Night Time Zoo

Kirk, Rebecca, Erik, Donald, Emma and I all went out on Monday evening for Night Time Zoo. Rebecca had mentioned going when we went to the movies to see "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" sans kids of course. I was complaining because in the last year every time Donald and I had seen Kirk and Rebecca they were with out Erik so we still hadn't met the littlest addition to the Blomstrom house hold. Even Erik's first birthday, Donald and I had a wedding to go to so Emma went with Grandma. It was so nice to finally have us all together.

So after some wonderful sandwiches from Grab N Go (yes we snuck in food) we were off to the new elephant exhibit!

Rebecca was so sweet to hold Emma up for this shot
Mommy with her handsome boy
Emma loves the snakes, she finds them so fascinating. She is at the stage where nothing grosses her out or bothers her.
Erik and Emma ridding the elephant together

I love this shot. Any picture of my two loves it a great picture. Emma is peering through the fence at an elephant the is a big shadow in the picture.
Emma discovered a peacock when she rounded the corner. She knows to give the big bird it's space but still loves them so much!
The lions were full of action, there was a bit of fighting and then some cooling off time. I didn't have the camera at the time so I missed the action shots of the two going at it. But I think it was just rough housing, nothing serious

Emma insisted on helping Kirk push Erik back to the front of the zoo. Kirk is such a good sport and let our busy girl talk Erik's ear off all the way.

I too got in some wonderful cuddles from this little man. I couldn't get over how light weight he is compared to my big girl. He was such a cuddle bug just like Emma.
Emma loves to sit on all the statues around the new elephant exhibit.
Finally big hugs to Erik before heading to our cars. What a lovely evening!
Kirk and Rebecca have been dear friends for many many years now and it was so weird that we now have little kids. Our topic of conversation has changed a bit but still always the best time when we are with them.
Thank you Rebecca and Kirk for inviting us along and taking some of these wonderful pictures!!

No comments: