Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bad News for all our loyal blog Readers (all both of you)

It may be some few weeks before we are up and posting again. On Thursday I started having problems accessing the hard drive with all the pictures of Emma on it when I went to update her blog. So I decided to leave it until Donald got home to see why everything was running so slowly. At first we thought it was our network sever, but the worst has happened. We lost the hard drive with not only all my art work from the last 6 years, but all our photos too. Some good news is that I did a complete back up of everything about 6 months ago. But there is the fact that the last 6 months I did NO BACKUP. That means Emma's first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday, and any photos in between and after are GONE!! Donald and I have decieded that we are going to go ahead and see if we can't have a company retrieve our files for us. It may cost a lot, but we feel Emma is worth it. We just don't want to loose all those wonderful photos. It is completely my fault it has happened. After years of art school and knowing that you have to do backups weekly, because computers don't worn you that the are going to break down, I should have been more prepared for something like this. After talking to Donald, my Dad and reading a ton on the internet about what happened to the hard drive, it looks like we should get our files back, it just takes money, and a company that specializes in hard drive recovery and then we will be back up and blogging. Please, wish us the best in getting all those files back :)

No comments: