Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Maid Marion and Astronaut Boy

This year for Halloween I handed over the Chasing Fireflies Catalog of Halloween costumes and let Emma pick any costume she wanted. After just seeing How to Train Your Dragon in the movies (about Vikings) Emma wanted to be a viking princess. The outfit was WAAAAY too adult and I knew she would freeze in the cold fall night while trick or treating. So I asked her why she like the outfit so much. She said she Loved the shoes (yes she is my daughter through and through). So I told her that the same shoes were also for the Maid Marion outfit and she was sold! Thank goodness (sigh of relief). The outfit was worth every penny. It is made so well and I got so many amazing pictures of Emma in her costume. I'm also thinking of new art after this photo shoot too!




If Emma wasn't spending her time contimplating the needs of her kingdom in a very serious way then she was walking through the trees singing the song only a princess of England could.


Luckily I get to pick Ewan's costumes for a few more years before he starts making demands as super heroes or villains. Since the shuttle program is ending in the US I wanted to make one last stand for astronauts everywhere and so Ewan got to be an astronaut. Eat your heart out Neil Armstrong. Ewan is as charming and as cute and as handsome as an astronaut can get.

The outfit came with official NASA patches and they even embroidered Ewan's name across the chest. Another win for great costumes. Extremely well made and kept my little guy worm during trick or treating.






No comments: